CORE SPECIFICATION. WHAT FORM DOES CASWELL FIRESAFE® DUCTWORK TAKE?
CASWELL FIRESAFE® fire rated ductwork has 3 fundamental elements
CONSTRUCTION SHAPE MATERIAL
Each of these categories is split into
NON-COATED & INSULATED
NON-COATED FULLY WELDED
R – RECTANGULAR
C – CIRCULAR
MS – MILD STEEL
GS – GALVANISED STEEL
SS – STAINLESS STEEL
CASWELL FIRESAFE® to BS 476:24 – KEY SPECIFICATION
- Rectangular duct up to 3000 mm x 3000 mm
- Circular duct up to 1250mm diameter
- Special panel construction ducts up to 8m on the longest side
- Horizontal and vertical orientations
- Mild Steel, Galvanised Steel & Stainless Steel construction
- Conventional or Fully Welded ‘Grease Tight’ construction
- Test evaluation for ‘Fire Outside’ & ‘Fire Inside’ scenarios
- High-temperature balancing dampers
- Fire rated Access Doors (Insulated and Uninsulated)
- Fire rated Silencers
- Bespoke design for ductwork support systems
- Insulation systems rated from 30 minutes up to 240 minutes
How is a CASWELL FIRESAFE® Product Reference created?
The CASWELL FIRESAFE® product reference defines the specification for fire resisting ductwork. It is created by choosing the specific combination of attributes required from the many permutations available.
Nomenclature is built up using these 7 classifications:
- CASWELL FIRESAFE – All references start with CF for CASWELL FIRESAFE®
- BRITISH STANDARD – Test accreditation i.e. BS for Tested and Assessed to British Standard BS 476 : 24 (1987)
- STABILITY & INTEGRITY – Duration in hours i.e. 4 defines the required Stability & Integrity fire performance
- INSULATION – Insulation (if required) has 10 options using codes 01 to 10. If no insulation is needed then the code should be entered as 00
- MATERIAL – Material from which the ductwork is made. Either Mild Steel – MS, Galvanised Steel – GS or Stainless Steel – SS
- CONSTRUCTION – Construction type. There are 5 options coded 01 to 05
- SHAPE – The shape of the ductwork. Either Rectangular R or Circular C
See the CASWELL FIRESAFE® Product Data Sheet for more information including all options for 4. Insulation and 6. Construction.
NOTE : CASWELL FIRESAFE® EN 1366-1 & 8 range systems differ; please contact us directly to discuss your needs.
TEST 2 QUOTE FORM VIEWFORM
Create Your Product Reference
Your Product Specification is: